How To Apply For US Visa In The UK?
Applying for a US visa can be time-consuming and difficult, but if you hold a British passport, you won’t have any problems because British nationals are covered by an American visa waiver program. Because the United Kingdom is one of the 40 nations that participate in the Visa Waiver Program, you do not need to apply for a visa to visit the United States. Since 1988, British residents enjoying unlimited permanent abode rights in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man have been included on this list.
If you hold a British passport, you do not need a US visa, just an ESTA. The ESTA allows people from certain countries to visit the United States for leisure or business. Anyone who qualifies for the ESTA can enter the United States via air or water
What is an ESTA, and do I need any documents to Visit the USA?
The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is an electronic system that assists in determining eligibility for visa-free travel to the United States (VWP). This program permits visitors to enter the United States without needing a visa. This document permits passengers to stay in the United States for 90 days per entry and is valid for two years after it is granted.
You will need the following things to apply for ESTA:
- A passport that is valid for at least six months following your departure date from the United States.
- Email address
- Online Payment option.
If you are not a citizen of the UK; just residing there, then you will need a VISA to enter the US. B-1 and B-2 visiting visas are used by the majority of business and tourism travelers.
- The B-1 visa is for business visitors who need to meet with colleagues, attend a conference, settle an estate, or negotiate a contract.
- Tourists on vacation and persons going for medical treatment, a social function, or unpaid participation in amateur events are classified as B-2 visa holders.
It’s time to apply when you’ve selected which sort of visa you need for the United States and gathered the necessary documentation.
To get a U.S. VISA, follow these simple steps:
- Fill out the DS-160 form
- Make your application fee payment
- Arrange a visa interview
- Compile the file of U.S. Visa Documents
- Attend the interview for a visa
Fill out our DS-160 form
This form contains questions about your personal identification as:
- Name of Applicant
- Nationality of Applicant
- Date of birth of Applicant
- Place of birth of Applicant
- Phone Number of Applicant
- Address of Applicant
- Passport Number of Applicant
- Education of Applicant
American Visa Requirements
- Confirmation page of the DS-160 form you have filled
- Valid for at least 6 months after your scheduled stay in the United States. In order to apply for a visa, the passport must contain at least one blank page
- One photo- size of 5*5 CM, not older than 6 months
- ACRO- If you have ever been detained or convicted by the police
- A letter from a general physician to confirm that you have no medical condition
- Application if you have ever been rejected from the US VISA
Interview for Getting The US Visa
After you submit all the documents and make the payment, the embassy will call you for a short interview to know about your purpose of visit. All candidates for a US visa from the UK, ranging in age from 14 to 79, must present in person for the interview at the US consulate or embassy. Applicants must be under the age of 14 and over the age of 80 to apply by courier.
The embassy personnel will collect data input and check your application paperwork before you attend the interview. You will be required to have your fingerprints scanned, followed by a brief interview with a consular official.
The question they might ask you for security reasons and background check
- Have you ever been arrested or convicted for a crime despite having received a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?
- Have you ever broken restricted drug legislation or been a part of a plot to break one?
- Have you ever been involved in a case of fraud, cheating, or money laundering?
- Are you a member of an active terrorist group or an organization?
After all these processes the US embassy will contact you via mail or post whether your VISA has been approved or not. In case of rejection, you won’t get your money back, but you can still re-apply by submitting a new application and following the same steps as before.