How To Take Screenshot If App Doesn’t Allow; No Root Required
Screenshots are quite essential and used by people for plenty of reasons. All the operating systems have a simple shortcut that allows you to take a screenshot easily. However, you must have noticed that when you are using certain apps, it blocks you from taking a screenshot. This can be pretty inconvenient. Sometimes you need to send some crucial details to your friends or family, but because the app is not allowing you to take a screenshot, you have to type it out.
Android doesn’t allow you to take screenshots sometimes for your protection. This ensures that your personal information will stay safe. Even though the reason for not allowing you to take screenshots is for your good, it can be pretty annoying. For example, if you use the incognito browser and want to send someone a screenshot, your device will display an error stating that the screenshot could not be saved. Chrome doesn’t allow you to take screenshots when you are using the incognito browser. You can’t take screenshots when doing bank-related work, making online payments, using social media sites, etc.
However, you can easily get around this as Android is highly customizable. It will help if you read this article to learn about the best ways to screenshots while using certain apps that do not allow it.
Best Methods To Take Screenshots Of Restricted Apps
1. Screenshots via Google Assistant
Google Assistant is a virtual assistant provided by Google. However, most people aren’t aware that they can use Google Assistant to take screenshots. It can also take screenshots of apps that restrict it. Here you know How Can You Take Screenshots using Google Assistant.
- Launch the app that is restricting you from taking screenshots.
- Now, you need to launch Google Assistant. You can easily do so by holding the home button for a few seconds. If the home button is unavailable on your device, you can launch Google Assistant by swiping up from the end of your screen.
- After the Google Assistant has launched, you need to select the Compass option on the Google Assistant page.
- After choosing Compass, you need to select your profile. It is located on the top right side of the screen usually.
- When you choose your profile icon, a list of settings appears on the screen. You should select the settings option from the list.
- Now, choose the General option. You need to switch on two options: “Donate screen captures” and “Use screen context “.
- This should be enough to help you take screenshots of restricted apps easily.
- Now, launch the restricted app again. It would help if you held the home button for a long time or swiped from the end of the screen to launch Google Assistant.
- After the Google Assistant has launched, you can click on the “Share screenshot” option.
- It will show you a list of currently open apps from where you can take screenshots. Here, choose the restricted app to take a screenshot.
You can easily take a screenshot even in apps that deny you permission to take screenshots in this way. You can share this screenshot easily with your friends or family. But you won’t be able to find these screenshots in the gallery where the rest of the screenshots are saved. Therefore, if you lose the copy of the screenshot and want to get another screenshot, you need to follow step 8 again.
You can avoid this by installing a decent File Manager app such as Solid Explorer. Here, you can find an option called the “Save to Device” option in the Share Chooser. By this method, you can save the screenshot on your Android device. You don’t need to share it with anyone.
2. Taking Screenshots via AZ Screen Recorder
As you can tell by the name, AZ Screen Recorder is an app for recording your screen. However, you can also use AZ Screen Recorder for taking screenshots. This app is completely free and easy to use. It has an extremely straightforward user interface which lets you take screenshots easily. It does not have too many intrusive ads. The app also does not have a time limit. You can also take screenshots of restricted apps using the AZ Screen Recorder. You have to follow the few steps mentioned below to do so.
- If you don’t have the AZ Screen Recorder app installed on your Android device, you can easily find it on the Google Play Store.
- You have to search for the app in the Google Play Store app and download the app. You will be asked to permit the app to use your data. It would be best if you allowed this to take screenshots and screen recordings.
- Now, launch the app. You will notice some floating options on the right side of your screen.
- Now, go to the restricted app where you want to take a screenshot.
- Click or tap on the bunch of floating options on the right side of the screen. You will see an icon that looks like a toolbox. It is the settings option. Select the settings option.
- A list of settings will pop up on your screen. Find the Screenshot option and switch it on. You can now close the settings.
- After you select the screenshot option, you will see another floating button on your screen which looks like a camera.
- Choose the Camera icon and then give the necessary permissions.
- You can take your screenshot this way, and it will be saved in your gallery automatically. The app also allows you to edit your screenshot instantly or preview it when you select the floating window which opens.
3. Screenshot via XRecorder
XRecorder is a popular app for screen recording. The app belongs to Inshot Inc. As seen with the AZ Screen Recorder app, the XRecorder app can also take screenshots. XRecorder is quite similar to the AZ Screen Recorder app as it is free of cost, does not have too many ads, and has no time limits.
However, it works slightly differently than the AZ Screen Recorder app, as it does not have the additional option for capturing screenshots. Instead, you need to record your screen and take a screenshot of the recording. Follow the steps mentioned to take a screenshot from any restricted app.
- Install the XRecorder app from Google Play Store and launch it.
- After opening the app, you will be asked for certain permissions that you need to allow.
- A floating button will show up on your screen.
- Tap or click on the floating buttons and choose the Red Dot icon. You will start recording your screen.
- Now, open the restricted app and keep recording your screen for a few seconds.
- After recording your screen for a few seconds, stop the recording by clicking on the square-shaped icon.
- Watch the screen recording clip and pause at the moment where you want the screenshot from.
- Here, take the screenshot like you normally do, and it will be saved to your device’s gallery.
It isn’t very pleasant when you can’t take screenshots using certain apps. You need to follow the steps mentioned for any of the three methods listed above to take screenshots in apps that don’t allow it. Most streaming services, such as Netflix, don’t let you take screenshots. You can get around this by following the methods listed above.