Top-Rated VPS and Their Features, Pros, Cons, and Pricing according to the UK
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. VPS hosting is used by hosting providers to provide virtual server space to people. If you own a website, you need hosting as you need space to keep your files on the internet. This space is offered to you by a hosting provider. VPS is quite similar to a shared or even a dedicated server. But VPS has an advantage over a shared or dedicated server as it doesn’t need complex management.
You share the same server with others when using a VPS. However, it is entirely secure as your files are kept safe. Most people prefer a VPS as you can run it on a complicated operating system.
List of Best VPS Service Providers in The UK
Hostinger is a popular VPS and boasts around 15,000 new sign-ups daily. It is very popular due to its affordable pricing. Its cheapest shared hosting starts at just 20$ each month. Other VPS hosting offered by Hostinger starts from £3.95 per month. Hostinger offers perfect VPS hosting for people who are new to it. It provides a straightforward and easy-to-follow pricing structure. If you own a small or medium-sized business, Hostinger would be the correct choice for you.
- SSD storage in gigabytes and plenty of RAM
- Use of the most advanced processors to give you adequate processing power to accomplish medium and large-scale online projects
- 99% server uptime guarantee with quick website loading
- Unlimited visits and bandwidth for your website for specific plans
- Highly customizable dashboard
- More memory, bandwidth, and high scalability
- More stable and faster than shared hosting
- VPS hosting gives you root access to your server
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Step-by-step video walkthroughs for users
- Some basic features require add-on payments
- Expensive price structure
- No telephonic support for users
- Hosting plans start at £3.95.per month
Siteground is another top-rated provider of VPS hosting. It provides cloud Hosting and shared hosting plans. If you are the owner of a small business or running a personal blog, Siteground is the perfect choice for you. It has enough resources and offers affordable prices. Known for its high speed and positive customer support reviews, it covers and manages IT for you if you buy a plan with Siteground. You will have ample time to focus on the growth of your business. You can get a fully managed service if you buy their VPS hosting plan. They have vast server resources, which is great for scaling. You can easily add RAM and CPU with a single click.
- It offers 10 GB to 160 GB storage to users
- Flexible and scalable
- Fully managed plans- add more CPUs, storage or RAM instantly with no downtime
- It has a free CDN which helps you load much faster
- It uses Google Cloud for its data centers
- 6 minutes setup time
- Very reliable due to its high-speed servers
- 14-day money-back guarantee in case of inadequate service
- Impeccable customer service
- Scale bandwidth or memory in a few clicks
- More expensive than its competitors
- Limited SSD space in every plan
- Higher renewal price
- Siteground plans start at £48 per month.
3. A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting is unique as it only asks you to pay for the required resources. You can contact their team anytime and discuss their prices at length. It also allows you to upgrade to the cloud Turbo Server. The cloud Turbo Server is almost twenty times faster, which helps you achieve maximum speed. A2 Hosting also owns all the servers that it uses. Hence, you can rest assured that their smooth running. If you are a beginner, you can go from a shared server to an entirely managed solution. A2 will provide you with more support at every level. VPS hosting is the best option if your main objective is speed. Moreover, you can see their prices by visiting their website.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Developer friendly
- Amazing uptime and speed
- Numerous apps, such as Magento, WordPress, etc. supported
- One free site transfer
- Constant malware scanning and server monitoring
- Simple and transparent pricing
- Money-back guarantee
- Turbo plans for increased speed and performance
- It offers the cPanel, the top control panel in the industry, for free.
- It provides SSD and SSL
- Limited features in the cheapest plan
- Inconvenient triannual payment
- Expensive turbo plans
- A2 plans cost around £4.03 each month.
IONOS was launched in 1988. It has been around since even before the internet gained popularity. It is the most prominent hosting provider in the UK. They have plans starting at just £1 per month. It provides hosting for Windows and Linux OS. It gives root access to its server, that is, complete control of your VPS. You have a lot of freedom concerning your server. They have cloud-based processors which provide top-quality performance. It allows you to install apps you need, reboot, change files, etc. They provide easy and secure administration of your server.
- Strong uptime
- Quick website uploading
- Free email hosting
- Get a domain at $1 only (for the first year)
- Advanced security features
- Unlimited storage
- Most affordable VPS deals
- Maximum VPS performance with the latest software
- Run your website in under 55 seconds.
- Unlimited bandwidth and unlimited traffic
- ISO-certified modern and secure data centers
- Paid backup storage
- Plan price hike twice a year
- IONOS plans start at £1 per month
Since there are many VPS hosting providers, finding the best one to suit your needs can often get confusing. We have provided you with a comprehensive list of the top VPS hosting providers in the UK with their features, pros, cons, and prices. You can compare the prices and the features offered by each VPS provider to choose the right one. The VPS providers listed here are the most popular and preferred by most businesses. Using a VPS hosting website offers more flexibility compared to shared hosting.
Moreover, VPS hosting is comparatively more scalable. You can have more resources and better uptime results as well. Hence, even though VPS hosting is more expensive than shared hosting, it is worth the price.